PARSAC provides customized regional, onsite and individual training to meet members’ needs, including:
- Risk Management 101 – A two day intensive session for your management team
- Contractual Risk Transfer
- Implementing a Return to Work Program
- ADA Interactive Process
- Claims Handling for City Staff
- Conducting Investigations
- Safety Management
- City Council Orientation
- New Board Member Orientation
Each year, we hold a full-day workshop to provide members a concentrated day of risk management training including legal updates, lessons learned from claims and methods to reduce public entity risk in the areas of tort liability, workers’ compensation and employment practices liability. The academy enables us to bring special guest speakers who present a wide range of professional development topics including organizational management, leadership and culture change.
Lexipol Daily Training Bulletins
Lexipol is the leading provider of policy management for police and fire. Lexipol’s Daily Training Bulletins bring the policy manual into practice through real-life, scenario-based training exercises emphasizing high-risk, low-frequency events. Completed and verified in less than ten minutes per day, Daily Training Bulletins often qualify for continuous training certification. PARSAC subsidizes each member’s subscription to Lexipol as follows:
- Police: 50% of initial policy manual subscription, up to $2,500; $1,000 toward renewal; and 100% of Daily Training Bulletin subscription.
- Fire: 50% of initial policy manual and Daily Training Bulletin subscription, up to $3,500; 50% of renewal, up to $2,500.
Strategic and Crisis Communications
Heenan Communications provides strategic and crisis communications. Learn how to proactively manage communication with the public and media before crisis strikes. Contact PARSAC for more information.
Target Solutions online training is easy, convenient and FREE!
Members have access to Target Solutions‘ suite of safety courses at no cost to the member. In addition, Fire and Waste Water CEU courses are provided to members at a discounted price. A separate contract is required to access the CEU courses, however PARSAC will reimburse the member for each employee who successfully completes a course.